Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Necessity can be the Mother of Creativity

I don't know about other artists, but I can get my inspiration from a variety of places: Magazines, Pinterest, Etsy, catalogs; wherever there is visual stimulation.

But, what I'm discovering more and more is that when I'm creating a page or piece of art; be it journal, scrap or collage, I often find myself needing an image, graphic, stamp or stencil that I don't have. So I make it. That's how (and why) many of the items in my ETSY Shop are born. I believe that if I need the graphic to make a creative piece work, maybe others will to!

Here is a piece I just made where I wanted to use a graphic that implied "direction"....


And the "Arrows" were born!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/177447472/arrows-graphic-elements-8-digital-stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment