Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Serendipitous Walk on the Beach

I take my dog to walk on the bay beach as often as I can, especially in winter so he can run and get some exercise! As you can see it was right after a snowstorm which is a great time to go.



It's very cold, but SO beautiful and after a storm, you never know what you may find!
I am always on the lookout for textures and patterns for making into Stamps and using them in my Art. I found these two items and took them home to photograph and scan. I'm not sure what the light colored basket-looking item is, but I found out the square grid-patterned piece of plastic comes from an oyster basket, where they grow oysters.



Here are two Stamps/Brushes I have made from them so far...

And here's just a small section of a Layout Template I created that shows how the beautiful texture above can enhance a piece of art.

See entire Template here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/175097149/valentine-love-template-artsy-digital

No comments:

Post a Comment