Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Gelli Printing Nature


Inspired by Nature
Nature is almost always at the core of my art. I know this NOW. I look back at art I created 20 years ago and it is filled with leaves, trees, flowers, animals, etc. It was never anything intentional, it's just what inspires me and what I never get tired of trying to replicate.

Digital Nature
During my daily walks in the Punkhorn I would pick up leaves and other bits of Nature. I started scanning them and making digital brushes and stamps. My ETSY Shop, The Digital Nature Shop was born. The Shop name has changed now (to The Digital Stash), but it is still filled with lots of nature-themed digital stamps, papers, etc.

digital dried flower stamp
https://www.etsy.com/listing/124127166/dried-flowers-weeds-stems-7-digital

Gelli Plating Nature
So, it was no surprise that the first things I started using as mark/pattern makers on my gelli plate were leaves, feathers, dried flowers, weeds, etc. If the only mark-making tools I had were bits of Nature, I could still gelli print for the rest of my life and be happy!

The first 3 (warm) colored prints below are available in a paper package in my Etsy Shop. (https://www.etsy.com/listing/201933908/painted-autumn-leaves-5-digital-12x12)


gelli plate printing nature





nature gelli plate print


No comments:

Post a Comment