Sunday, June 8, 2014

Art on the Fly

Almost all of the gifts I give are wrapped in tissue paper and put in a pretty bag. But, this time the gift was way too heavy and I put it in a sturdy box. I went to wrap it with good old-fashioned wrapping paper, but surprise....I didn't have any appropriate or large enough. So, I did what any artist would do and decided to make my own wrapping paper.

My first thought was tissue paper! I love tissue paper and I collect and save it like everyone else. I have family and friends trained to save it for me, too. :) I've done some really cool collages with tissue paper, but can't find the pics right now....pooh.

So I found 3 different shades of pink tissue and a fourth one that had a beautiful flower print. My next thought was ripping the tissue paper, gluing and overlapping it (with gel medium) because the tissue paper is so transparent and beautiful things happen when you layer it.

My bird stencil was right there on the table, so I grabbed it and made 3 birdies with white paint. Then I outlined them with one of my graphite pencils. The whole piece took me less than an hour and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. And the recipient of the gift had me frame part of it. Sweet!

Next time, I'll color in the flowers and leaves.....I need more markers! I think I'll be tissue papering in one of my journals very soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment