Thursday, October 16, 2014

I'M BAAAAAACK!

THE SUMMER IS OVER....THANK GOODNESS!!
My very first post on this blog was titled: "2014 - Year in Transition". Hmmmm.....Now that it is October, I think I would edit the title to read: "2014 - The Hellish Year of Death and Trauma". Wow....no melodrama here!!! But, I was hoping life would have some normalcy by the fall and fortunately, that is the case. Fall is my favorite time of year and I'm enjoying as much time outdoors as I can, in the woods and mostly at the beach. What's the point of living on Cape Cod if you're not going to enjoy Nature in all its glory?

My favorite beach....Cold Storage Beach in Dennis

Always great sunsets at Mant's Landing in Brewster

 DOES YOUR PALETTE CHANGE WITH THE SEASONS?
When I paint or print with the gelli plate, I'm always drawn to the blues, greens and purples. I never, ever tire of these colors. But, when Autumn arrives bringing with it the warm palette of oranges, reds and yellow with a touch of green....I start playing with those colors. I really believe being surrounded by the changing leaves is my inspiration.

Real leaves scanned into my computer

I USE REAL LEAVES ON MY GELLI PLATE
Yes, I'm a leaf freak year round....this is true. But, when they start changing I bring them home to my Studio to bask in their beauty. Out comes my 8" x 10" gelli plate (I have other sizes now....more on that in another post!!) Speaking of gelli printmaking...I love Flikr and I recently joined a gelli printmaking group....if you're interested in seeing some gorgeous prints, check out this link: https://www.flickr.com/groups/gelatinprintmaking/pool



I HAD NO PLAN
I spent a couple of days slapping leaves, a fern or two and lots of red, orange and yellow paint around on my gelli plate. (Those 3 colors are analagous which means they are next to each other on the color wheel and are soothing!) I had nothing in mind....I was just playing and relaxing....SO much fun! But, I was really pleased with some of the prints and I thought...."oooh, these would make great backgrounds for my ETSY Shop." https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDigitalStash

These and other autumn products available at 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/201933908/painted-autumn-leaves-5-digital-12x12


A sample card made with one of the backgrounds by using leaves as masks


More fun with layer masks in Photoshop

This was my favorite print that I am going to do something with....did not put in my ETSY Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment