Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I made Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Watercolor Travel Kit



Okay, I love Julie Fei-Fan Balzer! I love her style, creativity, stencils, blog, art, journals and especially her energy. Someday, I will take a class from her in NY City!

Thank you, Julie for this awesome idea! Here is the link to Julie's Blog Post where I learned how to make the Watercolor Travel Kit: http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/2014/07/hey-dont-thow-that-away-altoid-tin-watercolor-palette.html

I look forward to getting Julie's Blog Posts in my mailbox EVERY DAY!! I, too am a huge fan of making new things out of old things....whether they be packaging, trash, found objects, etc. Julie came up with this cool idea for using an old ALTOID tin and DENTYNE gum packaging with the gum gone. And yes, it does matter which brand of gum.....it has to fit in the ALTOID tin.

My husband gave me his old ALTOID tins and I bought some DENTYNE gum. Already had the watercolors, sponge and water brush. I wanted to make 2...one for my granddaughter, a budding artist and one for me. I plan on making another for an artist friend of mine. YES! They make great gifts, too!

Thinking about gessoing the inside top and write color names. Sometimes they are hard to see.

Now I have to go shopping for some more cheap watercolors and I need a water brush...what a cool invention!


Our granddaughter who has to travel to see us LOVED the kit ... we painted all afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment