Friday, April 3, 2015

Why Not Paint Luggage?

I have said on more than one occasion that I will paint anything that isn't moving.

I needed (yes, needed!) one of those small pieces of luggage that spin 360˚. My husband found a great deal on one and I said I didn't care what it looked like. (I can't believe I said that!) :)

It wasn't ugly....many people would have loved it. It was just too 70s for moi.

I covered it in gesso first, and later wished I hadn't because part of the design shows through where I didn't cover it and I thought it looked pretty cool. (see bottom of front view)


mixed media markers

I used my acrylic paints, my homemade masks, markers for doodling, etc. and eventually my homemade stencil. It's not finished, but it's been a lot of fun so far and has traveled to NC with me. :)

mask, stencil, acrylic paint

doodling paint markers
Add caption

Pablo Picasso quote
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment