Friday, July 18, 2014

Art Journal Therapy

Hello my Art Peeps. I have not forgotten about my blog, it's just been a real crappy summer. Nothing horrible....just lots of stress with medical issues (not mine) and if I didn't have my art, my art supplies and my art journals, not sure where I'd be right now.....perhaps the loony bin?

I read Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's blog every day. She's amazing! (see her widget on the right)
She advocates spending just 10 minutes art journaling every day. It's good for you. And you know, she's right! Art Journaling reminds me of the "Morning Pages" from Julia Cameron. I used to do those, but got out of the habit. Now I have more time and it's important for me to make more time, so I'm Art Journaling every day and I'm loving it! Also, my creative juices are flowing like crazy!

Below, are a few pics of journal pages and a journal cover.


Most of my journal pages are painted with the brayer when I'm working with my gelli plate. Here I also used my 2 favorite masks, my woman and my bird. Then I just played with my markers. It's not finished, but I'm enjoying the colors and the texture. Who knows what it will turn into?


Never been a fan of drawing people, but one day I decided to spend the day sketching faces. I went on Pinterest and typed in "Art Journal Faces" for inspiration and just drew my own. She's not finished either, but I like her expression.


Still a fan of blue, green and purple. I have one whole journal dedicated to those colors. And still prefer organic shapes to geometric ones. But, that could change! :)



I have 4 journals I'm working in simultaneously and I think I'm going to start another one this weekend. But, it will be a Citra Solv journal. More on THAT later! This is the only cover that feels finished to me. I got the cool texture from gluing tissue paper on top of the paint (once dry). The tissue paper had fibers in it....so cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment