Saturday, January 9, 2016

Alcohol Ink Holiday Ornaments


green blue alcohol ink

I made a bunch of Alcohol Ink Ornaments in preparation for a craft fair in November (2015).
They were my most popular item and received a lot of wonderful comments.
I plan on making a lot more for next year and maybe giving some as gifts, too.

I experimented with different colors, but all had either silver or gold metallics. I hadn't used the metallic alcohol inks until one of my students requested them. I absolutely love the way they mix with the regular alcohol inks....they sort of float on top and move around and take longer to dry. I think it's a very cool result and very appropriate for the holidays.

purple and blue alcohol ink display

The display I used is my ever popular cupcake stand. I hung them on each tier and then wrapped LED lights around the display. Very festive!

alcohol ink bell ornament

green gold alcohol ink ornament

purple and silver alcohol ink ornament



No comments:

Post a Comment